The ‘Manage Envirometers’ section lets you edit the characteristics of Envirometers and Envirometer years, add new ones, add up years and much more. Only administrators of the Envirometer can access the ‘Manage Envirometer’ section. The administrator can change user rights via user management. The following options are available:
- Add an Envirometer
- Manage Envirometers
- Manage Envirometer years
Add an Envirometer
You can expand your subscription to multiple Envirometers (such as for different branches).
- At the bottom of the Manage > Envirometers page, you can see whether it is possible to expand within your current subscription.
- If this is not possible, you can expand your subscription by one or more Envirometers via change subscription.
- You can add a new Envirometer under Manage > Envirometers using the ‘Add Envirometer’ function at the top left. For an explanation of the settings, see ‘Edit Barometer’ below.
When your subscription first starts, an Envirometer will be created automatically, with the company name as the title and a pre-selection based on the industry chosen. You can then customize it according to your needs. Below are all of the options available for managing your Envirometer(s).
Start in Manage > Barometers and select an Barometer by clicking on the title in the overview or in the menu on the left. You can now:
- Edit Envirometer (top right button):
- Change the title
- Define the report title composition: ‘Automatic’ will mean that the ‘Company name = Envirometer title’ if the two are different and ‘Company name’ if they are identical.
- Change industry: This changes the:
- Selection of measures
- Available industry averages
- Fine-tuning of input data and key figures if you use the ‘Edit fine-tuning’ function (below)
- Edit fine-tuning: Useful for defining the fine-tuning (active input data and key figures) of a new Envirometer. There are two options:
- Copy the fine-tuning of another Envirometer
- Fine-tuning in accordance with the defined industry
- Labels can be linked to this Envirometer
- Change Periodview: Choose an extra viewing option (besides years) in half years, tertials or quarterlies.
- Define rights for this Envirometer. Also see user management.
- Delete Envirometer: Self-explanatory
Important (1): A deleted Envirometer cannot be retrieved.
Important (2): We will not reduce your subscription if you have deleted an Envirometer because this would mean you could not add a new Envirometer. You can reduce your subscription under manage>subscription.
Manage Envirometer years
A new Envirometer starts with ‘last year’ because this is most likely the year for which you want to enter data. You can then customize it according to your needs. Below are all of the options for managing Envirometer years.
Start in Manage > Envirometers and select an Envirometer via the or in the margin. You can now:
- Add a year using the button at the bottom.
- Change or delete a year (click on a year).
- Change the year to a different year (that is not yet used in this Envirometer).
- Copy (top right): Make an exact copy of all input data either in the same or a different year. This is useful for testing the effect of a measure, such as green energy or extra waste sorting.
- Make primary: This lets you convert a copied year into the ‘real’ version of that year. The ‘primary year’ concept is particularly relevant for the display of graphs for reporting and your defined goals. For help with working with copied years, see graphs.
- Read-only: This locks a year. Data can then no longer be changed until the year is ‘unlocked’ again. You can see whether the year has been locked by the lock symbol next to a envirometer year.
- Delete year (top right): Self-explanatory.
Three functions are particularly useful for subscriptions with multiple Envirometers. These functions are found at the top left under Manage > Envirometers.
- Add years: This lets you add a new year to one or more Envirometers. If the year already exists in an Envirometer, it will not be added there.
- Add up years: This lets you add up all Envirometer years, useful for adding up all branches to calculate a total for the entire organization.
- Year averages: This lets you calculate an average for different branches and/or years.
Important: An average or total must be placed in an Envirometer. This is usually done in a separate ‘total Envirometer’. In other words, you need one more Envirometer than the number of branches.