API key management
To make it easier to enter monthly data, the Envirometer has an API (Application Programming Interface) that can be used to import data. APIs with various metering companies for electricity and gas are not currently available.
Note: Data links are only available for Dutch companies.
Add API key
If your supplier has created a data link to the Envirometer, you can create an API key to use for that supplier to make the link:
- Create an API key for each Envirometer for the link to your supplier.
- Every Envirometer data supplier combination is assigned a key to ensure that the data ends up in the right Envirometer(s).
- You use the API key, sometimes combined with the URL, for a supplier to indicate the Envirometer to which the data should be sent.
- If a supplier has data from different Envirometers (such as gas and electricity) that should be sent to the same Envirometer, you can use the same API key multiple times.
- For some data suppliers, you can choose, for example, whether a specific type of data is imported to ‘natural gas for heating’ or ‘natural gas for CHP’.
- The data supplier determines how you can calculate the sum of the data before it is sent to the Envirometer (such as small and large-scale consumption connection at the same location). For the metering company, for example, you can add up the data for the ‘electric meters’ by using the same API key.
- Once you have created the link, the supplier can submit data.
- You can see when data is sent on the Manage > data link page.
- Submitted data can be seen in your input field (for electricity and/or gas).