Do you use the Environmental Barometer to create and/or publish CO2-footprints?
- On the illustrated page on the website you can see the most important CO2-features in the Envirometer.
- The FAQ contains the frequently asked questions and answers about CO2-footprints.
- Below are instructions on the Envirometer features that are useful when working with CO2-footprints.
What data is needed for a CO2-footprint?
- View the required data for an overview of the required data for a CO2-footprint (in accordance with the CO2-Performance ladder).
Adding input fields to your CO2-footprint
- Via finetuning you can tick input fields ‘on’ and ‘off’.
- If you want to add CO2-emissions from items that are not present like raw materials you can add them via finetuning at Other CO2-sources. Then you choose the name and set the CO2emission factor yourself.
- CO2offsets you can also add in this way.
Viewing your CO2-footprint
There are two ways:
- As a graph (under CO2-graph)
- As a table (under CO2-footprint)
- arranged by theme
- arranged by scope (1,2,(3))
- according to the CO2-Performance Ladder
- according to the GHG Protocol
Zoom in on your CO2-emissions
- CO2-graph: A pie chart with the selected year that shows the distribution of CO2- emissions of the themes or a bar graph with the CO2-footprint over the years.
- Zoom in on a theme: Select a theme in the margin to view a graph for that theme with a breakdown of the environmental impact for all data entered. (e.g. for business travel: diesel, gasoline, public transport, declared kilometers).
- If you want a custom chart, you can choose which themes you want to display in the chart when downloading charts.
Comparing CO2-footprints of more years
- Go to CO2-graph and you have the bar graphs next to each other
- You have the option to view this per year or part of the year (half years, tertials, quarters or months).
- Under Report, you can choose to download a report in PDF or Excel.
- Only designate ‘CO2 footprint( thematic’ and/or ‘CO2 footprint (by scope).
In the comparison CO2-footprints correct for growth or shrinkage
- Use “per… (turnover, employee, production volume) in the CO2-graph and/or CO2-footprint.
- For key figures, you can have CO2-figures per … to be calculated. See also the next point.
Measuring progress with indicators
- By comparing key figures from different years, you can thematically measure your progress. An example of a CO2-indicator is the CO2-emissions of business traffic per FTE.
- You can add specific CO2 indicators to the list of key figures in your Environmeter. Under indicators go to finetuning and select under the headings ‘CO2 and compensation’ and ‘CO2 performance ladder’ the key figures you want to add.
- There are also key figures that express CO2-emissions in tangible quantities such as
- number of operating hours of a wind turbine
- number of m2 of solar panel
- If desired, make your CO2-footprint(s) public. This can be useful, for example, if your clients ask for your CO2-footprint.
- Use the button at the top of the page ‘CO2-footprint’. You can make one footprint version of each (partial) year public.
- If you first switch to the English language you publish the footprint in English.
- You update a public footprint by deleting it and publishing it again.
- You can see which footprints you have made public at Menu > shared CO2-footprints or on CO2-footprints.
- By default, the title of your CO2-footprint corresponds to the name of the barometer title. At manage barometer you can change this (per barometer) to:
- only organization name (= name of subscription)
- only barometer title
- organization name plus barometer title.
Convert your CO2-footprint into a PDF report
- Under Reports you can create a PDF report.
- Choose only the CO2-graph and/or your CO2-footprint that you want and press on the download button. You will have a PDF report with your CO2-footprint.
Hiding scope 3 in your CO2-footprint (= limit to scope 1 & 2)
- Do you want to omit scope 3 from your “CO2-footprint” (for example for the CO2-Performance ladder). Then go to management and change this at the shared CO2-footprints management.
- At the bottom of the CO2-footprint per scope you will recognize this setting because it says “CO2 scope 3 hidden”
Creating footprints of half years (or quarters or…)
- If desired, you can make footprints of half years (or quarters or …).
- Enter data by month (or by half year or quarter). Data that do not vary throughout the year are simply entered as annual totals.
- At management split a year into half years (or quarters, tertiaries or even months).
- Then you work with these “partial years” just like with normal years. You can also publish them.
- You can undo the split and then split again if necessary.
CO2-Footprints of sites add up to a CO2-footprint of the company.
- In administration, you can use the add function to add up the CO2-footprints of the sites to a CO2-footprint of your entire company.
- We recommend that you create a separate company total barometer for this.
- You can refresh the sum with the click of a button (if the underlying figures in branches have changed).
Set up CO2-targets and monitor via the target dashboard whether you are meeting your CO2-goals.