Copy a year
Copying a year means transporting the data entered for one year to a new year or to a new version of a year. In copying, you can decide which data are copied
Why would you want to copy a year?
You may want to copy a year if:
- your data for this year are very similar to those for last year
- you want to find out how an environmental measure would affect your Envirometer. You can test the measure in the copied year and compare the results.
Making a copy
How to copy a year:
- Go to ‘settings’; you will see ‘settings > Envirometers’.
- Open the Envirometer of which you want to copy the year by clicking on the title.
- Click next to the year you want to copy on 'copy' (green characters).
- Fill in the entry screen
- Only if you copy an existing year.
- Keep it short (preferably to a maximum of 20 characters)
- A title is obligatory if the year already exists in this Envirometer.
- Year ...
- ‘Mark all data as preliminary...’
- Select this option if you want to indicate that the copied data are not final.
- The status of the data is copied from the original.
- ‘Copy notes’
- Decide whether you want your notes on the environmental data to be copied as well.
You may now adjusting the data of the copied year by going to enter data.