Calculating the average
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- It is usually most convenient to present the average in the Envirometer into which you have gathered all Envirometers. If it is not, you should create a new Envirometer. Select 'Add Envirometer'. You may have to expand your subscription at Subscription information.
- Click on the button ‘Average years’.
- Select the Envirometers that you want to average.
- Select ‘Advanced averaging’.
- Do not select 'Include preliminary values'.
- Select a unit in the field 'Indexing on'.
- Choose a target Envirometer to present your average.
- You can choose 'Keep existing finetuning'. Please only select this if you are sure that the finetuning of the target envirometer is consistent with the finetuning of the average that you want to calculate. Data that is in the imported Envirometers but not in finetuning of the target barometer, will not be included in the average envirometer.
- Select a title (optional). For example: Average Envirometer Printing Industry.
- Select a year. Note that this cannot be changed later.
- Select "Apply".
4. Check the results.
- If you have had the average placed in a separate Envirometer, you will only see the average. By selecting ‘Personal chart settings’, you can view the averaged Envirometers on the side.
- View the comparative chart for the benchmarked unit (employee, product unit or turnover).
Attention: when the items in one of the source-envirometers changes, the calculation will not automatically refresh. You can refresh the calculation by clicking the (+) button behind the year. When you click on the 'refresh arrows' button , all calculations will be refreshed at once.
Background to the calculation of the average
The method used for calculating the average with advanced calculation rules is explained on a separate page Notes on calculating the average.