The lists of measures in the Envirometer make suggestions on how to save the environment and how to save on costs.
Filling in the lists of measures
- Go to ‘measures’.
- For every theme (electricity, company waste, etc.) on which you have entered environmental data, you will see a list of measures relevant to companies in your sector.
- For every measure, you mark its status.
- When you click on the title of the measure, you are linked to a 'google-translated' description on the website https://www.stimular.nl/maatregelen/. The description includes pay-back time and other practical information. It is based on the Dutch situation.
With the ‘filter’ at the top of the screen, you can filter measures according to
- the status you have given them
- show only 'recognized measures' in your sector (marked with the dark blue label)
Changing the sector
The measures that are visible to you are relevant to the sector that you have selected. If you change the sector for your Envirometer, this list will change as well; some measures will be added and others will be deleted. The status of the measures will be saved. If you return to the original sector, the original measures with their accompanying status will return as well.
General environmental rules for businesses
In the Netherlands companies that do not need an environmental permit, there are ‘general environmental rules’ set out in the so called ‘Activiteitenbesluit’. Part of these general rules are directed towards energy and waste. The general rules for these themes are:
- All energy-saving measures with a pay-back time less than five years should be taken.
- Waste should be separated as much as possible unless the costs of separation are too high.
Per industry this resulted into Recognized Energy saving measures and waste directives.
- If a company has taken or planned all ‘recognized energy saving measures’ for his industry, he fulfills the energy requirement in the ‘general environmental rules’.
- If a company sparates the waste streams listed in the Directive on their industry, he fulfills at least the waste separation requirement in the business decision.
Checking these measures in the Envirometer
In the Envirometer the measures beloning to the ‘general environmental rules’ are recognizable by the blue label.
- Recognized Measures for Energy Conservation
- To be separated waste streams according to the waste directive
Through the “filter” you can focus on those measures.