- Possibly, not all the sections will apply to your situation or maybe you do not want to bring them in at this moment.
- Always enter the data from a delimited period of time (usually the most recent finished (booking) year)
- You can also enter the related costs for a better view over the priorities of certain actions.
- On the left side of the screen you can find 'information' about how to collect and enter the data.
- On the left side of the screen you can make 'notes' with every environmental data, so you know for the next time how you retrieved the data.
General business data
This general data will be used to calculate environmental indicators and to measure the environmental score out against the growth or shrinkage of your company.
- The floor space (the gross floor space) and content of the commercial properties
- The amount of employees from last year (in full time units)
- The turnover of last year (net turnover for taxes)
- The production volume (e.g. the amount of spray passages, the amount of visitors, the amount of nursing days, the amount of processed kg paper). When you have chosen for a branche in the beginning, then an initial form is given for production units for your branche.
- The consumption of electricity (this can be found on the annual settlement of the energy company or otherwise on the twelve monthly checks of the energy company)
- (Returned) self-generated electricity.
- Electricity used for charging electrical vehicles.
Fuels for heating
- The consumption of gas (this can be found on the annual settlement of the energy company)
- The consumption of other energy carriers, like district heating, domestic fuel oil, propane, diesel (for heating or production) (stock acquisition data)
Water and waste-water
- The consumption of water (this can be found on the annual settlement of the water/energy company)
- Pollution tax on waste-water (this can be found on the bill of the purification authority, or it can be estimated based on the water consumption).
- Emptying of the fat- or sludge collection sewage (this can be found on the checks of the sewer service)
Solvents are relevant when more than 10 litres of solvent per year dissolves in the company (e.g. at painters or printing offices). Refrigerant is relevant for all companies with cooling installations and/or air conditioning with a content of more than 10 kg coolant.
- Solvent registration = the consumption of solvents (this can be retrieved from the stock acquisition bills of solvent-containing substances or the solvent registration of your supplier).
- Refilled amounts of refrigerant (this is included in the service bill of the maintenance mechanic)
Commercial waste are non-hazardous waste streams like unsorted industrial waste, paper and cardboard, plastic, glass, wood, greenwaste etc. Dependent of the type of contract you have and the way of collecting the waste, you need the following data:
- With a standard collecting frequency: the volume of the container(s) and the collecting frequency of the containers OR when the supplier supplies this, the bills which show the weight of the waste.
- With collection on demand: the bills with collected cubic metre of kg
With collection on demand and/or when the waste is weighted, you can ask for a annual overview from your waste collector(s).
With hazardous waste you can think of oil-containing waste, paint-containing waste, solvent-containing waste, cleaning cloths, spray cans, fluorescent tubes, batteries, specific hospital waste etc.
- Kilograms and the costs of the waste (this can be found on the bills of the waste collector)
- When you have more than five hazardous waste bills per year, then it will be worth to ask for an annual overview from your waste collector(s)
Hazardous waste will be collected at irregular times, the time of collection can vary during the year.
- The amount of fuels used for mobile machinery (collect the annual overview of bills of the delivered petrols, diesel or LPG).
- The kilometres travelled by the employees for commuting from their homes to the company which is subdivided into cars, vans, public transport and by bike. This can be retrieved from travel cost reimbursements or by estimation based on the amount of employees, the amount of these employees travelling by car and the estimated average distance to their hometowns
- More advices for collecting this data can be found at help with entering commuter traffic
- The amount of litres fuel that is consumed by cars or vans for business traffic OR (when the amount of fuel is not known) the amount of kilometres driven by cars and vans for business traffic. This can be retrieved from an overview of tankcards, an overview of the leasing company, fuel costs from accountancy or self recorded mileages.
- The annual toal of corporate kilometres with other vehicles than the car (e.g. public transport, by bike, (electric) scooter or plane).
- More advices for collecting this data can be found at help with entering business traffic
- The amount of litres fuel that is consumed by freight vehicles for the transport of goods to customers or other locations of the company OR (when the amount of fuel is not known) this can be acquired from the amount of kilometres driven by freight vehicles. This can be retrieved from an overview of refuellingcards, an overview of the leasing company, fuel costs from accountancy or self-recorded mileages.
- Outsourced transport can be entered as well. Ask your transporter for an annual overview
- More advices for the collection of this data can be found at help with entering goods transport
This theme is mainly intended for companies with a large amount of visitors like carecenters, museums, festivals and theatres.
- The amount of kilometres which are driven by visitors subdivided by cars, public transport and bicycle. This can be retrieved from for example a questionnaire.
- More advices for collecting the data can be found at help with entering visitors' traffic
Carbon offset means that you will compensate a part of your environmental impact (like the CO2 emission which contributes to the global warming) by for example planting a forest or execute a sustainable energyproject. This compensation can be entered in the Envirometer by revealing the tab 'Carbon offset' via 'Finetuning'
- Purchased compensation in acres of wood, tonnes of CO2 or the amount of CO2 credits.
You can track all kinds of stock acquisition streams in the Envirometer. However for calculating the environmental impact, only the stock acquisition of paper will be taken into account.
- Paper (the amount of packages or pallets or sheets of A4 paper (and potentially A3), the weight of the paper (80 or 70 grams))